Friday, February 20, 2015

Content

Once a white page, this is no longer devoid of text.

Though it isn't even 9PM yet, the writer is a bit too tired to think of something incredibly creative.

This story feels familiar.


Content.

It doesn't require much to be qualified as such.  You simply need to add some black lines and curves to a white background and call it meaningful.  It's what I'm doing with this post.

Topic sentences mark the beginning of a paragraph.  Transition sentences are always good, but not always required if the ideas are coherent enough.  Sometimes, I prefer to simply throw a sentence or idea out there, and let it sit.  Things are more interesting that way.  Isolated words and isolated thoughts draw attention to themselves, boasting of their great ideas, but left without an explanation as to why they exist in that particular section of the paragraph.  Fortunately for this paragraph, the conclusion sentence does have a decent explanation.

I recently discovered a delightful game known as Diplomacy.  Though I'm still figuring out whether I'm any good, it's become one of my favorite strategy games.  (superseding Risk, not yet Catan)

This is my explanation.

This is the last sentence.

The very last.

This is.

Sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment