Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Ode to the Throwback


I made this, once upon a time.

Relient K is a pretty cool band, I guess, and visual things have always been fun to experiment with.

Because inspiration is a very random thing, I chose to add extra images over their K is for Karaoke album cover, making the title even more applicable.  Looking back, maybe there could have been some sort of tribute to the actual bands represented in their song line-up.  Oh well.

Some of these bands are popular, some aren't.  There are a few that I haven't heard in months.  It's interesting thinking back to what bands I was listening to.  I love looking back and remembering where I first saw the potential for a logo in the boombox.  I've always loved Paint.net, but this is one of the few things I've gone to the trouble of saving. 

Here's the original (official) cover; have fun playing spot-the-difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment